The first step to capturing leads with Hotmart's Email Marketing tool is to create a tag.
Tags are a smart way to identify an email list.
They help you organize your leads, which are the people who subscribe to your pages.
To set it up, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the platform at https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/login
- In the upper right corner, click on the dots icon next to your profile picture
- A tab with the following options will open:
- Page Creator
- Email marketing
- View All Tools
- Click on Email marketing
- Click on "Tags" and then on "New Tag.”
- On the next screen, name your Tag and click Save Changes.
- Next, we'll create a Form. In this form, your visits can enter their information and subscribe to your page. This form is also where we select tags for the leads and define the steps they will take to complete the registration.
- Click on the "Forms" menu and then on "New Form.”
- On the next screen, name your form and select the Tag you've created.
After filling in your form, your leads will be directed to a Pending Confirmation page (this page explains the steps they need to take to confirm their registration).
While the lead is on this page, a confirmation email will be sent to them.
Once they click on the confirmation link, they will be taken to the Subscription Confirmation Page.
This page has a thank-you message and a reward for your new subscribers.
Hotmart's Email Marketing tool has templates for Pending Confirmation and Subscription Confirmation pages that you can use in your form. If you prefer to use custom pages, simply select the "show my own page" option and add the link to your pages in the respective fields.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Next, organize the Form fields; you can change their order by dragging them.
The field "Data Protection Regulation" cannot be moved. It's not a required field, but we strongly recommend you use it to comply with GDPR.
Click the pencil icon to edit the text and link for this field.
- Click " Save and Continue" after completing this step.
- Now it's time to set up the confirmation email.
Here you can customize some fields, such as:
Sender Name: Name that will appear to your contacts when they receive this message.
Email that will receive replies: In this field, add an email to receive responses from your leads if they respond to your message.
Subject: The subject of the email that will appear in your recipient's inbox.
In the text field, you can customize the confirmation message your contacts will receive.
It's very important to set up the confirmation link correctly. If you choose to delete the default link, highlight text with your mouse and click on "add confirmation link.”
This link is a parameter, which completes the lead's registration in the system and directs them to the subscription confirmation page configured in the first step of this form.
If the confirmation link is removed for any reason, changes will not be saved.
That's why a link is not placed directly in that email.
- After making the desired changes, at the bottom of the page, you'll have 3 options: "Check Spam Score,” "Send Test Email," and "Save Changes.”
By clicking on "Check Spam Score,” you'll see the spam score of the email you've created and if the message is "okay" to be sent.
If you want to preview the email, click on "Send Test Email" and enter your email address to receive it and see what it'll look like.
It's important to note that the preview does not mean you've subscribed to the website; its purpose is only to visually check the content of this email.
Once you've finished customizing the email, click on "Save Changes.”
To complete the integration between Hotmart's Email Marketing tool and the Page Creator, select this form directly from the CTA button on your sign-up page.
- In your Hotmart account, click on the dots icon next to your profile picture
- Select Page Creator
- Find your page and click on the pencil icon to edit it
- In the left menu, click Sections
- Go to Add Section
- In the new menu, choose the By Type option
- From the options displayed, choose one that allows you to capture information. The section will be automatically added to your page.
- On your page, move the arrow over the section that allows you to capture information and click the gray gear button
- In the left side menu, select the option KlickSend and then in Forms, select the form you've just created.
You can also finish the setup and integrate the Email Service by importing the form.
To do that, just copy the code from the form, return to page editing, click on "Email service" on the left side menu and “Add new configuration.”
Give this configuration a name, select "Import Form,” paste the code and save it. Then select that configuration on your CTA.
It's necessary to publish the page for the configuration to go live.
Done! You've now completed the integration between Email Service and Page Creator!
If you have any questions about this topic, just contact our Customer Support. We're ready to help you!