PayPal Credit is a payment method our Producers can make available to buyers in the USA and the UK who don’t have enough credit available on their card. It works like microcredit which the buyer can pay off in various installments so that they can continue with their online purchase.
This method is only available for buyers in the USA and the UK, and in order to work, the currency of the offer needs to be in US Dollars, British Pounds, or converted to either one of the two.
For buyers in the UK, the transaction on PayPal will be viewed and carried out in USD, not in British Pounds.
Buyers who choose to pay via PayPal Credit must log in to their PayPal account, fill out the requested information in order to undergo a credit analysis and, as long as everything is approved, they will receive the credit and can finish the purchase.
PayPal Credit has no impact on the Producer’s commission. This payment method is processed the same way as other PayPal purchases.
How can I enable this payment method?
- Access your account on the platform via this link: https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/login
- In the left-side menu, choose Products
- Click I’m a Producer
- Pick the product you want to include this payment option with, click the icon with three dots, and then on Edit
- On the left-side menu, click on Tools
- Among the options, choose Checkout Settings and enable PayPal as a payment method and PayPal Credit will be automatically enabled
If you have any questions, get in touch with our Customer Support team.