In this article, you’ll find the rules for withdrawing money from sales made using the Hotmart platform.
Producers and Affiliates that sell in Reals (BRL) can withdraw their money on commissions after 30 calendar days, considering the guarantee period.
Producers and Affiliates who sell in any currency other than Reals (BRL) can withdraw their money 15 calendar days after the sale is made, considering the guarantee period.
What is the guarantee period?
Producers and Producers must establish a guarantee period for the buyer to request a refund or cancellation if desired.
If you sell to any European countries, you must choose a guarantee period of 15 or 30 days, regardless of the type of product or the payment method. If you sell to countries outside of Europe, your options are for 7, 15, or 30 days.
How it works in practice
In practice, you should consider the minimum time to withdraw the commission along with the guarantee period (which occurs at the same time) in addition to the time it takes the bank to process the payment.
For example, a Producer in Brazil makes a sale in Europe with a guarantee period of 30 days. To withdraw this money, the Producer must wait for 15 days, the 30 days of the guarantee period (which, as you already know, go together with the minimum term), and 24 hours that the bank takes to process the payment. So, as long as the customer does not ask for a refund, that producer can withdraw the money in 31 days.
Let's take another example. Imagine a Producer in Europe who sells to someone in the United States with a 7-day guarantee. To withdraw the money, they must wait for 15 days, the 7 days of the guarantee period, and the 24 hours that the bank takes to process the payment. So, that Producer can withdraw the money in 16 days.
Another example: a Producer in Brazil who sells in Reals (BRL) and offers a 15-day guarantee. To withdraw the money, they must wait for 30 days, 15 days of which include the guarantee period, and 24 hours for the bank to process the payment. So, as long as the customer does not ask for a refund, the Producer can withdraw the money in 31 days.
Remember that each bank has different deadlines to do this process.
Status of withdrawal requests
Withdrawal requests with Hotmart can have different statuses. Check them out below:
- Pending: when the request has already been made
- Processing: Hotmart received the request and has already sent it to the bank
- Scheduled: when the bank received your request and will continue the operation
- Completed: when the amount can already be withdrawn from your registered account
- Returned: in this case, it is likely that the bank has identified an error in the reported bank details. In this case, it is necessary to review them on our platform. To do this, access your Hotmart account, click on My Account and then on Financial Information. If you have questions, see our article Which documents do I need to register my payment information? to receive sales commissions processed by HotPay.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support.