Switching product subscription makes it possible to send invitations to your students offering upgrade and downgrade plan changes.
By creating different subscription plans and setting up the plan changes, it is possible to develop strategies related to recurrence periodicity (annual, monthly, etc.), offer diversified content for the needs of each type of student, show the value of subscribing to a more complete plan, or even work as to the recover defaulters through a downgrade.
In this article, you’ll first learn how to configure the plan changes by enabling the destination plans for each source plan. And also, how to offer these possibilities to your customers.
Configuring the change of plans:
Configuring the change of plan
1. Access your account on the platform at https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/login
2. On the side menu, click Products
3. Click on I’m a Producer
4. On the desired product, click on ⋮ and then click Edit
5. Click Pricing
6. Now you’ll see all the subscription plans you have created. On the plan you wish to enable the plan change, click on the Actions button
7. Click on Enable Plan Change
Now you can configure the change, which means, you can decide which plan will be available for your customer to make the change. Keep in mind that you can offer more than one plan for your customer.
8. Click on Save
Important: In order for your plan change to work as best as possible, don’t forget to outline your pricing strategy for each exclusive content being offered!
Sending invitations for plan changes
1. On the side menu, select Sales
2. Click on Subscriptions
3. Click on the Subscription and click on the Actions button
4. Click Offer change of plan
5. Select which plan options will be seen by the client
6. Click on Send invitation for Change of plan
Your student will receive an email offering the options selected in the step above. If students like the offer, they will click on the CHANGE PLAN button and they will be directed to confirm the change.
Comments regarding change of plans
- The change of plans is only permitted for the main offer of each plan and will be effective upon the billing of the next recurrence.
- Subscription recurrences are not restarted after the change of plan.
- If your student is in the last recurrence and has changed their plan or is in your product’s test period, they cannot change their plan.
- The change of plan can be done for both active as well as overdue subscriptions.
- The buyer’s plan migration is done as soon as they accept the invitation to change it and select their destination plan.
If you have any questions, just contact our Support Service with the subject PLAN CHANGE. Our team is available to help you!