Webhook is Hotmart’s API and notifications tool. When it’s enabled, you’ll be able to get notifications via post for the URL(s) registered by the Producer on the platform, according to the status update of a transaction.
For example, if a Producer makes the content of a product available in an external members’ area, Webhook releases the client’s access to the product as soon as the transaction status is “order approved”.
Learn about the available resources to the Producer who chooses to deliver the access through POST notifications and how to set them up:
Adding new settings
- Access your Hotmart account through the link https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/login;
- From the side menu, click on Tools
- Click on Webhook
- In the next screen, you will be able to add your configurations by clicking on the “+” symbol
- Set up the new configuration. On this screen, you must insert the name of the segmentation, and select the events.
The events available are: canceled purchase, approved purchase, refund claimed, refunded, chargeback, purchase expired and delayed.
Then, select if you want the segmentation to be applied to all your products or only a specific product, and insert the sending URL.
Tip: you may explore these events to create important segmentations for your business. For instance, a segmentation for recovering sales, selecting refund requests, chargebacks, overdue subscriptions, and so on.
Tip: With our webhook integration, you can also allow your affiliate to receive a notification with the bank payment slip's link and code each time a purchase is made through the affiliate's hotlink. Attention: For the notification to be sent, you must allow your affiliate to have access to the buyer's information. Here's how to do it.
- Click on Save
You may create as many configurations as you wish, edit, disable or remove them from your list. To do so, just select the button that corresponds to the action on the right-hand side
OBS: If the inserted URL contains any errors, the configuration will be disabled automatically so that new notifications are not sent unnecessarily.
Creating the integration
Inside the Webhook menu, you will find all the necessary documentation to setup your integration.
Just click on the tab Documentation and see the parameters used to generate the notifications. You will find the following information:
- name of the parameter
- if the information is sent to the affiliate or not
- the description and explanation of the parameter
- format and size.
On this tab, you will also find the verification and security token.
Warning: to put this integration into effect, we recommend you ask for the help of a programmer or that you have programming knowledge, OK?
Monitoring the sending of posts
In the Webhook menu, you can find the History tab. In it, you can monitor the status of all posts that are sent.
Posts with errors will be reprocessed until they have a positive response from the server or until they complete 5 attempts. If you want to process it again, just click the button with an arrow next to the status of the post.
The status will always be indicated by the HTTP codes.
In the History tab, you can also view the Sent Payload (each notification sent) and the History of Responses given to that notification. That is, the load of relevant information that was sent in that event and what the response of the notified system, in addition to having past actions recorded.
This is where you can find the Response History:
Warning: if you already used Webhook (Postback) before the update, you will be able to consult the posts sent before the update. To do so, just click on the the tabs Sent Posts or Pending Posts
Send test posts
You can run tests to check if the integration is operating correctly with test events in the product and selected URLs.
How to set up integration using Zapier
Check out the steps on how to set up integration using Zapier:
- To get started with Zapier setup, go to https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/integrations
- Then, you will be forwarded to the Zapier platform. There, click on Accept Invite and Build a zap
- On the Zapier platform, look for “Make a zap” and select the Hotmart App (1.0.0)
- Select the Event. The events available for integration are: order, cart abandonment, plan change, and subscription cancellation.
On the Hotmart platform, in tools, look for WebHook (API and Notifications) and the documentation tab contains details of each attribute of the events.
- Select Hotmart account (1.0.0) and click continue
- Accept that Zapier can access your Hotmart data
Note: The “connection name” field is just an identifier of the Hotmart connection in the Zapier app
Now, verify which one is the configuration on the Hotmart platform
Check out the steps on how to configure the integration using Zapier:
- Access the Hotmart platform: https://www.hotmart.com/en-us
- In the left menu, click Tools
- Click Hotconnect 2
- In the credentials, click Authentication parameters
You will find the following parameters: Client ID, Client Secret, and Basic
- Now, the next step is related to the configuration of your application with Zapier
With images. check out an example of “ZAP” configuration with Hotmart and Matrix LMS using Action Find User (Matrix LMS)
If you still have any questions or are facing any problems concerning this process, contact our Support! We are at your disposal to help!