The Sales Funnel is a feature available on Hotmart that can be useful for you to relate the promotion of your products and offer downsells, upsells and cross-sells when a buyer purchases one of your products, the setup product, which starts the sales process through the Funnel.
It is based on leading your customer from the moment she gets in touch with your product or service until the completion of the business itself. Which means, it is about leading the journey of each individual from your target audience towards your final goal, which is making the sale.
To use this feature, the user needs to be the main Producer of the product, so Affiliates, Collaborators, Affiliates Manager and Co-Producers, are not able to set up the Funnel.
Besides, the three conditions below need to be fulfilled for the Producer to start setting up the Funnel:
- Have two or more registered products approved;
- Have the account registered as a Legal Person;
- The sales page of the first product (also called setup product) can be an internal Hotmart page or an external one. However, the sales pages for the other products on the funnel must be external.
Upsell, Downsell, and Cross-Sell - the main strategies that can be applied to creating the Sales Funnel:
- Upselling is offering useful products to the consumer, after the first purchase. The second product isn’t necessarily more valuable than the previous one;
- Downselling is a sales strategy used to convince the consumer who refused a purchase. She gets a second chance to buying the same product, but at improved conditions;
- Cross Selling is a sales strategy that mixes Upselling and Downselling on the Sales Funnel, offering options to the client according to her positive or negative reaction to the previously offered product.
To create your Sales Funnel on the Hotmart platform, follow the steps below:
1. Login to the Hotmart account through the link: https://www.hotmart.com/login
2. After you access your account, you need to click Tools
3. Select the option Sales Funnel
4. On this page, start the process by clicking the button New Funnel on the top right corner of the page.
In creating the funnel, the Producer creates a sequence of pages that evolves in a flow that varies according the buyer’s option of accepting the purchase or not.
5. On the next screen, you’ll need to fill out the following fields to begin setting it up:
Decide the “Name of the Funnel” -> Enter the name you wish to give your Funnel;
Select the Product to which you wish to create the Funnel;
Select the offer for which the Funnel will be applied;
The option of payment through credit card is mandatory but you can also choose the option of bank slips (for the countries where this option is available).
6. After you set up this first part, click the button Save to continue the process.
7. On the next page, click Edit stages
To structure your Sales Funnel, you can set up sequences of offers of your products in a way that, by making a purchase, the customer will immediately be led to your next offer.
Let’s create the stages of your Funnel?
1. You have been led to this page, there click Start
2. Fill out the fields of the new stage
Notice you can add the texts that will feature on the sales button and the next that will show up on the “No” option on the Funnel, besides the page URL that will present the Funnel offer to the buyer.
The product selected on this window needs to be the product you want to lead your buyer to after the purchase of the Setup product.
3. Click Save
There you go! You already started your Funnel flow:
The next step is to decide the next page of the funnel: where do you want to guide the buyer if she chooses to buy or not buy your second product? You can create a new stage leading her to a thank you page and ending the funnel or you can create how many stages as you wish.
After you register all the stages, you can view and edit them. Therefore, define the paths each stage will lead the buyer depending on her choice of YES or NO, by clicking the link Edit.
Here’s an example of funnel with two stages and right after, two thank you pages:
IMPORTANT: on the funnel there can’t be orphan stages. What does this mean? The last stages of the funnel need to lead to a Thank You Page. To make sure your flow ended correctly, notice if the green and red buttons (in the image represented by “I Want to Buy It” and “No, thanks) are not clickable. They need to be opac.
It’s time to install the Widget code on your sales pages!
On the pages on the second stage on, it will be necessary to install the HTML codes of the Sales Page Widget on your sales page (which will show the purchase button on the sales page you informed on each stage). Follow the steps below:
1. Get the code of each stage on the button “Widget Code” and enter it to your page. You can copy them by clicking the icon on the top right corner of the page.
2. After the stages are created and the codes are added on each sales page from each step, the Funnel needs to be activated. There are two ways of doing so:
- On the own Funnel page, click on activate on the top right corner of the page.
- Or, through the option Tools located on the left side menu of the platform, where all the Funnels you’ve created will be featured!
After you activate it, the status changes to active.
All set! If you’d like to test the Funnel, just make a test purchase! One tip is to make the purchase through bank slip payment (if available in your country) so it is not necessary to request the refund, ok? And remember that, to test it, you need to remember to buy the product through the offer you set up!
If you have any questions or problems regarding this matter, just get in touch with our Support! We’re at your disposal!