Co-production happens when two or more people create a product together. Through this feature at Hotmart, it is possible to split the profits in the way the creators seem fit, having the payments automated for each one of the Producers.
For this setup, Hotmart has some rules, which are:
- The number of co-Producers is unlimited, however, the main Producer needs to have at least 30% of the revenue for herself. In other words, the main Producer can split up to 70% of the revenue with as many co-Producers as she wishes;
- Regardless of how many co-Producers there are, the main Producer answers for the product in the fiscal, tax, and legal spheres;
- Only the main Producer can change the product’s setup. Co-Producers will have access to the product’s Sales History but can’t change any of its characteristics.
To setup a product with this feature
1. The main producer must access his account on Hotmart through the link: https://www.hotmart.com/login
2. On the left side menu, choose
4. Click the option
- The user who registers a product at Hotmart has total responsibility over the product, regardless of how many co-Producers are attached to the product. This includes but does not limit to fiscal, legal and customer support responsibilities;
- All revenue made for the Producer is now split with the co-Producer(s) associated to the product. This also applies to any revenue brought in by Affiliates;
- Once the co-Producer accepts the contract, to terminate it, if this is perpetual, the Producer needs to be deactivated;
- The co-Producer needs to already have a Hotmart account.
Re-sending the contract
If you wish to re-send the contract or cancel co-production, follow the steps below:
1. In Coproductions, select the option
2. Click the icon to re-send
3. Click the icon to cancel the contract
As well as the the co-productor must accept your request to become a co-productor, he must accept your request to cancel the contract.
The co-productor can only view and accept the coproduction after the confirmation of his personal information at Hotmart's platform. To do it, he must click the option My Account at the superior menu and select the tab Personal Information.
If you want your co-Producer to have permission to edit or manage some features on your Hotmart account, register her as your account attendant.
If you have any questions or problems regarding this matter, we advise you to get in touch with our Support under the subject CO-PRODUCTION.