The ebook protection (Social DRM) is a protection system for PDF and ePUB files that stamps the data from the buyer on the pages of the digital material. In the case of Hotmart, the data stamped on every page of the product are the buyer’s name and email address.
This is an efficient protection against piracy, as no one wants to be identified as a pirate, nor have their personal data all over the Internet. In traditional DRM mechanisms, the buyers are, in a way, penalized, as they end up having their product limited by the DRM system. It may also restrict the transfer of the product from one device to another. However, with Social DRM, the buyer may use the material freely and transfer to any device they want, without any limitations.
To get to the ebook protection (Social DRM), follow the steps below:
- Access your Hotmart account at https://www.hotmart.com/login
- Click on Tools from the side menu
- Click on Protection for ebooks (Social DRM)
- Select the product and click on Continue
- On this screen, enable the stamping of Social DRM by clicking on Yes to make the adjustments. Set up the Stamping (DRM) according to your preferences and click on Save on the bottom of the page to save the settings.
That being done, whenever the buyer downloads the file through Hotmart, the platform will apply the settings in ebook Protection automatically. You may also password-protect your file, and allow, if you wish, the buyer to print or copy the text of the product.
If you have any questions or issues on this matter, please contact our Support with the subject ebook Protection. Our staff will be ready to help you out.