In this article, you will see all important aspects related to the cancellation and refund of orders paid with a credit card. Shall we?
The Hotmart system makes it possible for Producers to set unconditional warranty periods of 7, 15 or 30 days for their products. Therefore, if you make a purchase and are not satisfied with the product, you can request a cancellation and get a refund in case it’s within the warranty period of the product.
To initiate this process, simply follow the steps below:
- Acess the page to request a refund here
- Then, you’ll see the screen below. You just need to enter the transaction code and the email registered on the purchase.
Tip: you can find the transaction code of your purchase in the email you received after confirming payment. It consists of 2 letters and some numbers. The email subject is Approved purchase: all set to access your product.
- On the next screen, you need to select a reason for the refund. If you prefer, you can leave a note about the request.
That’s it! Your refund request has been sent. Then, you’ll see this message:
Once the request is made, a message is sent directly to the person who sold the product, who has, from then, a period of 10 days to approve the refund or to contact you directly.
If they don’t do it by the end of that period, don’t worry! Our system will automatically forward your request to our team and they’ll approve your refund.
Since you paid for your purchase with a credit card, the purchase amount will be refunded on the next statement or on the subsequent month, which may take from 30 to 60 days. This period depends on your statement closing date. Any amount charged during this time will be refunded. This period of 30 to 60 days (this may vary from country to country) exists due to the various agents involved in the transaction.
The refund will appear on your card statement as HOTMART, PAYPAL, or the product name. Generally, the card companies refund the amount in three ways:
- The card operator reimburses the amounts already paid as credit on your statement and does not charge the other installments.
- The operator returns the TOTAL amount of the purchase in the form of credit on your invoice and keeps the collection of the other installments (the value of the return and the charge cancel).
- The card operator advances the charges of all the installments on your invoice and returns the total amount of the purchase.
- Therefore, the buyer will not be charged for the product because the amount returned voids the amount charged!
If you have any questions, we suggest you contact your credit card operator or submit a request to our Customer Support team.