The AdWords Pixel is a tool with two kinds of trackings: remarketing and conversion. With Hotmart, you can apply the pixel to your HotLinks, making it easy to track the trajectory of your clients.
Settings on AdWords: Remarketing
The remarketing tracking is used to show your ads to people who have visited your website. This means that when someone enters the checkout of a product you’re related (where your tracking code is inserted), whether as a Producer or Affiliate, Google will target this user to show your ads on every device that identifies them.
To set up this resource, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to AdWords
2. Click on the tools icon
3. In Shared Library, click on Target Audience Manager
4. On the left side click on Target audience sources
Você verá um conjunto de origens com as quais é possível criar listas de remarketing. You’ll see a set of origins you can use to create remarketing lists with.
5. On the card “AdWords Tag”, click on SET UP TAG.
If you’ve already set up a tag, select Edit origin on the 3 dot icon on the upper right corner of the card “Google AdWords Tag”. If you just want the code, skip to stage 6.
If you haven’t set up a tag yet, you can choose from a standard audience (a list with all the users who got to the page with the remarketing tracking) or specific parameters from customized ads based on the user activity (for example: Users who visited the page my-website.com/my-page.html).
Creating these lists varies according to the goal and the business of each AdWords user.
6. Click on SAVE AND CONTINUE.
7. When the installation screen comes up, the global tag of the website and the event snippet will be ready to be used. You can copy the code, use the Tag Manager, download the tag or send it by email to a webmaster.
8. Copy the number and follow the steps to set up on Hotmart’s platform. If you have any other questions on how to set up the remarketing, check this article.
Setup on Adwords: Conversion
The conversion tracking, as the name suggests, measure the conversions (Hotmart sales) and it can tell Producers or Affiliates how much return their expenses with campaigns are bringing.
To set up this feature, follow the steps below:
1. On AdWords, click on the Tools icon
2. Click on Conversions
3. Click the icon with the + symbol
4. Among the conversion types you wish to track, select Website
5. Name the conversion and set up according to your business.
On your conversion settings, among the options to customize category and amount, choose Purchase/Sale and Use different values for each conversion, respectively.
6. Just like the remarketing tracking, you need to extract parameters to be added to Hotmart. They are the conversion ID and the conversion label.
The conversion ID is the same as the remarketing script:
Therefore, if you already set up the first one, just extract the conversion label. You’ll find it on the following parameter:
1. Log in to your Hotmart account at: https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/login
2. On the left side menu, select Tools
3. Find the option Conversion Tracking Pixel
4. Select the Product and click the option Google AdWords
5. Provide the pixel ID and, on the field below, the conversion label:
To access in-depth reports and graphics about your business, we recommend you enter Hotmart’s Tracking Pixel on your Website. Read here how to instal Hotmart’s Tracking Pixel.
If you have any questions about how to set up these pixel, get in touch with our Support!